For this Try It exercise, focus in on the “reviewing” stage of the reading process. (Remember, you’ll need to complete previewing, active reading, and summarizing first.)
- Select a review strategy. As a reminder, these include
- quiz yourself using your questions
- review a chapter map you made while previewing or actively reading
- expand the map
- create vocabulary cards
- recall the information in writing or out loud
- Show your work for reviewing. If you select a review activity which doesn’t involve writing, such as quizzing yourself or recalling the information aloud, summarize your strategy and its effects in a paragraph.