The writing process is different for every person and for every writing type, but there are common steps that are important to practice. Generally, the writing process consists of:
- Prewriting (the early planning stages often as mindmapping, brainstorming, freewriting)
- Organizing (developing logical order)
- Drafting (creating the paper and demonstrating the recursive nature of writing)
- Revising (conforming to Standard Edited English and style formatting, such as MLA and APA, for most academic writing)
- Publishing (the final version that is submitted)
For this assignment, you will create a summary of the writing process from a proficient writer’s perspective in a Google Doc.
- Review the grading rubric as listed on this page.
- Review and take notes of the video about the writing process:
- Create a response about the following in a new Google Doc (develop the practice of creating your work first in a Google Doc. You will publish your work when it is finished on your WordPress blog):
- Summarize the key points of the video in one paragraph.
- In another paragraph, include what you thought and learned from the video.
- Include techniques you found interesting that you might apply to your process of writing.
- When you are finished developing your response in the Google Doc, copy, paste, and publish your journal onto a new blog post at your WordPress site.
- Submit the URL of your blog to your instructor.