Understanding how writer’s block impacts and sometimes paralyzes you will help you be more successful in overcoming it. To understand your experience with writer’s block, write a journal entry (several paragraphs) that addresses the following questions:
- What does your inner critic tell you about your writing skills?
- Besides the inner critic, what other factors cause you to experience writer’s block?
- What have you done in the past to combat writer’s block?
- Talk with another person about your writer’s block experience. What did they suggest as solutions for overcoming it?
- What changes do you want to make in the coming weeks and months in order to overcome writer’s block?