The University of Mississippi offers live support through the IT Helpdesk but only during certain hours. If you encounter any technical problem with our class Blackboard page, UM Gmail, the University Wifi network, and other computer problems or questions, please contact the IT Helpdesk first to get help resolving the issue. Your instructor cannot solve technical issues in Blackboard and having a technical issue does not by itself excuse your work being late, so please begin assignments early.
IT Helpdesk phone support: Not Available at all on SATURDAYS or SUNDAYS
- (662) 915-5222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Monday-Friday with experts
IT Helpdesk AFTER-HOURS, Monday-Thursday support:
- For help after hours on Monday-Thursday, there is no email support.
- Phone support is still (662) 915-5222 between 5:00p.m.-10:00p.m. but you will speak with student-workers with limited expertise
It might also be helpful to read the IT Helpdesk’s FAQ’s on their website http://www.olemiss.edu/helpdesk
The Online Education Initiative (OEI) developed a number of helpful multimedia tutorials about technical and software requirements for being successful in an online course.
- Watch the short interactive video Getting Tech Ready